#joincarcel our new designer
We are looking for the best. Can you tap into the roots of exclusive materials and craftmanship, create unique and aspirational designs for a global audience?
We are looking for a unique creative talent to lead our design development here in Copenhagen and to develop and implement designs with our teams in Thailand and Peru.
You will join our small but hardworking and passionate team in Copenhagen, whose vision is to create a new way of fashion by using only natural materials and employing women in prison. We don’t do seasons or collections, but work with smaller drops of recognisable and cool classics that stand the test of time. We differ, by running our own production sites currently in Thailand and Peru, using materials local to the region. Our designs are characterized by tapping into local craftmanship and going deep on everyday luxury with a Copenhagen unisex feel. We are currently looking for just the right hard-working and visionary designer who can develop our product lines further to cater for our growing online global customers and luxury retailers. It’s both a visionary and hands-on role, and an opportunity to make a mark on the world and showcase a new way of fashion.
We recently won the biggest Design award in Denmark, and are looking for a very talented designer who will take our existing solid foundation towards an even bolder and stronger DNA, globally.
- As Designer, you will be leading all design development and production together with our two production managers in Thailand and Peru.
- You will have a key say in terms of creative direction, strategy, design, colour, style and details, and will head the entire process – from idea creation and initial sketches to communication with suppliers and preparation of styles for production and photoshoots.
Your responsibilities among others include:
- Trend research
- Development and designs
- Preparing styles for production
- Communication with suppliers
- Design and production together with our teams in Thailand and Peru
- Various ad hoc assignments
- The position involves traveling
You are a talented and experienced designer and believe the industry needs a re-design. You want to create aspirational and functional beautiful pieces that stand out as well as stand the test of time. You want to make a difference and are motivated by creating something truly beautiful and impactful that has a strong DNA for the world to understand and use.
You have a genuine interest in fashion, and consequently, you are always up-to-date on blogs, brands and market trends. You love how the details make a difference, and understand how to match styles, colours and materials to produce designs that are creative, yet also commercial. You are committed and ambitious, and you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment. Furthermore, you are structured, effectively prioritising your to-dos and never missing a deadline. Your team members characterise you as a supportive and positive colleague that always assists where needed and serves as a great creative sparring partner.
- Relevant educational background within Design
- Experienced user of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Excellent English communication skills, written and spoken
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Previous experience as a designer is an advantage with a strong portfolio.
- Experience with both knitwear and wovens and the ability to learn fast.
We look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact email@example.com. Please send your application to the same address, CV and portfolio with examples of your work as soon as possible and not later than 6 March 2020.
We review applications on an ongoing basis, and reserve the right to remove the ad, when we have found the right candidate.