Carcel is a Danish fashion label that produces inside of women’s prisons in order to give women income and new skills. We are based in Copenhagen and produce in women’s prisons in Cusco, Peru and now in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented and experienced production manager who will develop and manage our production inside the prison in Chiang Mai. This job requires a lot of independency and personal initiative. You will manage high-level political relationships with the prison system as well as oversee the overall management of production on ground and export out of Thailand. Most of your week is spent working with our terrific team of female inmates in Chiang Mai. You will be securing that our productions meets quality control and will be in close dialogue with the design department in Copenhagen several times a week. Furthermore, you will also be the national representative for Carcel towards all our local partners.
• Daily manager of our workspace inside the prison
• Buying silk, machinery and equipment needed for the workspace and production
• Ensuring transparent and fair pay for all women and making the payments
• Performing a perfect quality control of all products made each month
• Shipping products to Copenhagen
• Securing good relations with all partners through meetings, updates and presentations
• Have experience with quality control management
• Have excellent communications skills in English (Thai is a plus)
• Are excellent at project planning and enjoy working independently
• Are very structured, engaged and responsible.
• Preferably have some knowledge of cut and sew/silk/ design background/interest
The position is full time and you will report directly to CEO Veronica D’Souza in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis and we are looking for the right candidate to start in September or October in order to take over from our current production manager. The job will be challenging but also very rewarding and meaningful. Please send your application and CV asap to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you,