Join Carcel: Head of Finance and Operations
We are looking for a warm, competent and experienced person to head finances, operations and logistics.
Position Title: Head of FINANCE AND OPERATIONS
Position Location: Carcel HQ, Copenhagen, Denmark
Reporting Relationships: CEO
We are looking for just the right person with a unique combination of both in depth financial understanding as well as superior pragmatic and results driven management approach to head finances and operations day to day.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to
• Architect the backbone infrastructure of Carcel, including the financial, forecasting and accounting processes, IT system, HR processes and overall operations’ procedures.
• Be the everyday reference/go-to person for the fast growing team in relation to operational related matters.
• Deploy closely with the CEO and the executive team the business processes and procedures consistently with the culture, the values and ultimate vision of Carcel.
• Ensure, in the day-to-day operations, that the business function correctly and successfully to meet its growth plan.
• Create an efficient and enjoyable working environment that motivates and boost all team’s members potential
• Ensure all finances and operations adhere to the brand’s values and ethos
• Review business processes and working practices and where appropriate devising innovative new strategies to improve performance
• Be the reference person for operations matters for the overall team Finance and Controlling
• Take ownership of the business plan, setting KPIs and ensuring effective allocation of responsibilities for each KPIs.
• Set and monitor short term and long term financial targets related to both turnover, profitability and cash flow
• In charge of financial controlling, analysis, budgeting, cash flow, reporting, and cost structures.
• Allocate and monitor department budgets, analyse key areas of profit and loss and provide feedback to the team
• Review and approve equipment needs
• Supervise and instruct accountant
• Oversee contract negotiations and legal activities: client contracts, partnership agreements, vendor contracts, and other legal documents.
• Identify and implement overall business IT backbone
• Oversee relationship with relevant providers
• Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of relevant enterprise system including supply chain and production processes
• Overseeing all staffing issues and HR administration requirements
The head of Operations role implies constant liaising with other team members, including interacting with managers of different areas and seniority of Carcel’s fast growing organization as well as training and supervising new employees and tracking and measuring staff performance. Hence strong interpersonal skills is critical for the success of the candidate and of the overall business.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualities:
• Ability to plan strategically and also respond tactically to immediate business needs.
• Proven hands-on experience in managing cross-functional challenges.
• In depth financial understanding and proven expertise in budgeting and reporting.
• Creative resourcefulness and problem solving mentality — action-oriented flexibility, initiative, and willingness to “get hands dirty” and undertake whatever is necessary to “get the job done”
• The desire and the leadership to manage change and uncertainty correlated to the set-up of a fast growing new business.
• The desire to travel and get to know our productions
• High learning agility; high innovative approach
• Performance-driven; disciplined; relentlessly focused on mission at hand; yet highly collaborative; a team player and partner; humble; ego-less; mature and calm;
• Analytical mindset
• Empathy for a highly creative environment
• Passionate for changing lives for the women we work with and help pioneer a new business model for a sustainable fashion
Why You’ll Love Working at CARCEL
• You’ll have an immediate impact. We’re a small, passionate team who doesn’t just talk about doing things—we actually get them done.
• You’ll work directly with our founders and leadership team and have the chance to be hands on in all facets of a fast-growing start-up.